Thursday, September 10, 2009

Food makes me happy....and that's sad

Conundrum. I didn't even know how to spell it, but I know what it means. I'm completely convinced that I would be in GREAT shape if I didn't like food. It's funny that something we must have to sustain life, can also have such drastic blowback. I guess a lot of things are like that:

Water - you've got to have some....but not too much. Just ask the patrons of the Titanic...ya know, when you get there.

Fire - cozy and nice....unless you're Freddy Kruger!

Neil Diamond - Cherry Cherry is a great song. Sweat Caroline and a FEW select others on a very occasional basis are quite nice....but too much of that and you're likely to just snap completely and kill everyone and then you!

Food is this way. The real problem with me is I enjoy the social aspect (sitting around chatting over food - discussing different kinds of food, etc) as much as anything. It's a LOT easier to get excited about a thick juicy steak than a fat, stringy celery stalk. I'm just sayin...

2 comments:

  1. I don't really LOVE food, and I am very not skinny... it freaks me out..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also on this weight loss journey- and have lost almost 40 lbs on Weight Watchers so far!! Today though, It was all I could do not to make a whole batch of chocolate chip cookies and eat them ALL. Food is DEFINATELY my drug of choice. I start to panick when I can not turn to hot brownies and milk in my hour of need, because ... MAN... that's sobriety!

    ReplyDelete