Monday, August 31, 2009

And so it begins...

I hit the gym this morning for the first time in so long that they had actually completely re-designed it since my last visit! A few things hadn't changed since my last visit - the gym is still populated by the same types of people:
1 - the guys who just plain and simple spend WAY too much time there
2 - the girls who are DYING for you to look at them
3 - those people who just want to get in a good work out, don't want to be noticed or talked to.
4 - the older folks - some of whom are CRAZY in shape
5 - the big guys...like me. Sweating just from the walk into the building. Most of us don't last that long, which is why there is never a shortage of this genre! However, I will break free! Within a matter of months I will proudly be a number 3!

I'm excited to get to that place where I don't HATE working out...typically takes me about 2-3 weeks to get there.

So, it's Monday, and I've set Monday aside as weigh-in day. I was not surprised to see that I'm about as heavy as I've ever been currently. My weight today is 281.5 pounds. MAN! I just can't believe how FAST it happens. It wasn't more than a couple of months ago that I was closer to 240. Oh well....have to start somewhere. The good news is, I can easily accomplish my goal of 100 pounds lost over the next year and still have a few to go. It would be harder to drop 100 lbs if I was starting at 140! :-) I'll post a picture tonight. I KNOW you can hardly wait!

1 comment:

  1. Steve, you are hilarious. I absolutely identify with the "people at the gym" you describe. You can add the type: Overweight postpartum chicks that wanta lose it...but can't quite run yet for fear the guy behind them will laugh at the shockwaves.

    I am in with you all the way!

    ReplyDelete